Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Chores and Sewing Machine Woes!

It's the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of things planned today -mostly centering around cleaning and prep for tomorrow.  I need to do the cranberry relish, make a batch of sea salt caramel cookie bars, dust everything, clean the bathroom, sweep and mop. So I think the gym won't happen today. 

But first - today is Craft day :)  Yesterday I finished the quilt for Amanda's friend's baby.  It was an easy disappearing 4-patch pattern. My intention was to quilt it using a decorative stitch and free motion the borders, but when I went to sample the decorative stitch, I neglected to change the presser foot and the plate and promptly broke a needle.  Apparently, it damaged the timing because my tension is way off on anything other than a straight stitch.  So I did a stitch in the ditch and nothing on the borders.  Because it's for a baby, I didn't hand sew the binding, rather I machine sewed it down. I could adjust the tension for straight stitching, and the quilt actually came out pretty good.

There is a bit of a silver lining. I'll be bringing the machine back to the shop to get the timing fixed, and hopefully, the warranty covers the mistake I made. BUT - Tom said I can look for a new simple machine!  Not an elaborate one, but one that will do piecing.  I can get a simple one for under $100, but he said to wait until Friday and see what Black Friday sales are out there and possibly get a slightly higher grade one!  So, that's what I'll be doing Black Friday - looking for a new machine!  He understands the value of having two machines now, especially since I have two people who want me to make things for them, and they are paying for it!  When I finish all the chores today, my plan is to cut out the fabric for the table runners and the soup cozies that have been requested. 

I'm also on the hunt for projects to do with my Cricut.  I have canvas sitting here, and vinyl sitting here. I just need to figure out how to put the two together in an attractive package!  A couple of years ago, I saw a picture of a ballerina with "Just Dance" next to her. I think I'm going to try to do that for Abby. Even though she's no longer in dance, she's still a dancer at heart. 

My quiet time this morning was Matthew 6:25-33.  It was a good reminder that God provides everything we need.  When I think about where I've come and those who are less fortunate than I am, especially those who have lost everything in the fires in California, I cannot help but be grateful for how blessed I am.  If it were all burned away, I only pray that I would still be as grateful to the Lord for his provision.  May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond to them!