Saturday, August 23, 2014

Music Box


One of the favorite movies from my childhood was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  I'm sure you are familiar with it, it was made in 1968 and tells the story of an inventor who's inventions have failed over and over again. He doesn't give up, he's only momentarily discouraged, until his children stumble upon this wonderful car.  After he restores it, they are transported to a horrible land where children are outlawed.   His children are taken captive, and Caracatus and Truly must rescue them.  In order to do so, they disguise themselves as life-size music boxes.  It is at this point that Caracatus discovers that he has fallen in love with Truly, and while she is singing as the music box, yearning for the time when she will be free, he's echoing her words by telling him how much he loves her already, and that she just needs to see that to be free. 


How may times am I like Truly, standing, turning, locked on a music box of my own making while the One who loves me is longing to set me free?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond to them!