Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fly on the Wall

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the Upper Room when Jesus was with his disciples.  Just to be able to sit at his feet, learning and hearing all that he had to share, and seeing and hearing the reactions of the disciples.  The thing is, I don’t have to wish for this.  I am blessed to sit at His feet every day absorbing the truths of Scripture, and He is present with me, but to be able to sit at his physical feet, what would I do?  There are so many questions I would (and do) ask him. 

·         Why is Dianna still so far away?  She knows you and knows the truth, yet seems so—indifferent. That terrifies me. 
·         How do I reach out to the lost and hurting in my family who are so very angry that they are denying Your existence?   The reality is that they know who you are, yet refuse to acknowledge you because of the depth of pain at the hands of those who claimed to be Christians.  Lord, please heal their hurts and draw them back to you.
·         How do you want me to serve you?  Am I serving in the ministries you want me to?
·         What does the future hold for Amanda?  For Matthew?  For Abby and Ian?
·         When are you going to return?
o    Yes, I know the answer to this one: 

He told them, “You don’t get to know the time. Timing is the Father’s business. What you’ll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the world.”   (Acts 1:7-8  The Message) 
Lord, I need that power now to be a witness to you.  Please fill me with your power and strength for today.  


1 comment:

  1. We all have those questions and need that guidance- You are not alone in so many ways. The anwers will come- in the meantime all we can do is love and pray.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond to them!