Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thoughts from my quiet time this morning.   I was thinking about the woman caught in adultery who was brought before Jesus in John 8 in my quiet time reading today - only got through the first 11 verses of the chapter. I had the following thoughts, which I don't think we can really answer....

Is there definite proof of who this woman is?   What was she like?  How did she respond?  What was her attitude while she was being judged? Was she defiant? Was she humble and meek?  Was she willingly taking the punishment she surely knew she deserved?  Did she know how much forgiveness she had just received and how did she respond to it? 

What is my attitude when I'm caught in sin?  What would it be if I were brought before Jesus himself, like she was?  I'm humbled and shamed at just the thought of it.  Lord, please forgive me like you forgave her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond to them!