Monday, August 27, 2012

School - and Joy

Well, my first week of school is under my belt.  I studied hard, read and reread the material, took notes, transcribed the notes onto OneNote, and read and reread again.  I had nightmares over the first quiz. It's been so long since I've done any school work that I was having anxiety attacks.

I logged onto the computer, and the first thing I did was my Bible reading.  I have been neglecting doing that for so long, I know that was a big part of my problem.  I can't expect God to speak to me if I'm not LISTENING to Him!  I know I need to be in the Word DAILY, but it's so easy to let other things push it out of the way.  Well, today I determined to do it first.  My reading today was Psalms 30-33.  Timely chapters!  So many verses jump out at me in those particular Psalms, but I focused on Psalm 30:4-5

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
And give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
And his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
But joy comes in the morning. 

I then went to CHF (http://www.chfweb.com/) and to the Living Life to the Glory of God forum, where I go every day for encouragement and accountability.  Terri Groh posts the devotional every morning, and today's was on JOY!  I just love her devotionals and her blog! She has things going on in her life that would totally discourage most people, yet she remains incredibly faithful and joyful.   

We leave for vacation in a week, and I have a lot to accomplish in the meantime. I really need to get this quilt done, I have reading and studying to do, and all the other details that have to be attended to when leaving for a two week vacation.  

Oh, and the quiz I was so stressed about? 60/60 :D  Not bad, huh?  


Here's the link to Terri's blog - Hearts in Service http://heartsinservice.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond to them!